Plugin documentation

Plugin documentation

by Mustafa Hajjar -
Number of replies: 1

I just finished developing a plugin for my organization and I would like to add documentation for it.  I looked over the Plugin DocumentationHelp Editing, and MoodleDocs:Guidelines for contributors for guidance, but I got confused about where to begin when I found that I can also provide documentation for each page from the footer.  The footer of each Moodle page, including my plugin pages, has the 'Help and documentation' link that takes me to "https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/[my_plugin_page_path]" with the option to create documentation for that page.  

So really the question is, whether I should create the documentation such as the given examples (Stamp collection module, Profile switches) or create documentation for each page from the 'Help and documentation' link.

The plugin is generic in nature and it aims at organizing instructor-led one-on-one session booking for instructors, and the ability to post availability for student pilots.  

Thanks in advance,
Mustafa,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mustafa Hajjar

Re: Plugin documentation

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your interest in providing documentation for your plugin, and for highlighting that the guide Plugin documentation is not so clear. wink

I have just rewritten the first section 'Where should the documentation go?' to hopefully make it clearer. Please let us know if you have any further questions.