Moodle Themes repository

Moodle Themes repository

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Finally, the Moodle Themes repository is active, built using the new Database module.

Can all theme designers with public themes please add their themes there? I'll work on the look of the thing over time (suggestions welcome here!), but you can enter your data already.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle Themes repository

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Wow, I thought we'd see more response than that. tongueout

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Martin,
Maybe the reason for the poor response so far is that themes creators are busy making sure their theme is 1.6 compliant before committing it to the repository. At least this true for me.
Joseph

by Just Dave -

I saw this yesterday but didn't have time to reply! I've almost finished a corporate type theme which I'll be uploading as soon as I've ironed out some small bugs. Hope someone finds it of use.

There is one small feature I might need some assistance with before I release, will post soon!

Great idea, im sure the theme repository will grow over time.

Cheers
Dave

etiquette question Moodle Themes repository

by A. T. Wyatt -

If people had themes that have been "rewrites" of other themes, but still include appropriate credits, do you want those also?  Or not?  I was curious to know about the etiquette involved here.

For example, I created several versions of the "standard" themes, only with bright colors.  They certainly were not designed by me, but it might be something that someone else could use.  Are those fair game for inclusion?  Or do you prefer only original themes?

Thanks for some direction!

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: etiquette question Moodle Themes repository

by Martin Dougiamas -
The more the merrier, as long as you include proper attributions and licenses smile. Any modification of a GPL theme is also GPL.

by Gustav W Delius -
Martin, I think the themes database could do with some extra fields:
  • A field for the name of the parent theme, if any
  • A checkbox for whether the theme is based on the standard theme
Of course people could provide this information in the notes field, but if there are dedicated fields for this information it will ensure that everyone gives it.

I would rename the "Requirement:" field to something like "For Moodle version:" because while it is named "Requirement" people might reasonably think that a theme that only requires Moodle 1.4 will still work fine for Moodle 1.5.