How to create a quiz of randomly chosen questions in such a way that all students within one group get the same questions?

How to create a quiz of randomly chosen questions in such a way that all students within one group get the same questions?

by gof alim -
Number of replies: 1

In advance, I apologize if my question has been asked before.

I have a class of about 100 students.

I would like to organize a quiz activity.
The quiz has 5 questions randomly chosen from the questions sets A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5.

I have created about 33 groups out of all these 100 students (each group has about 3 members).
Every student belongs to just one of these groups.
For this quiz, the students within one group can freely collaborate and solve the questions together.

I would like the students within the same group, get exactly the same questions.

Creating 33 separate sets of question for each group is a hard work, for this reason I would like the sets of question get automatically generated by the system (random question). But I am not sure, in this way, the members of every group get the same questions.

How can do it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gof alim

Re: How to create a quiz of randomly chosen questions in such a way that all students within one group get the same questions?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
To my knowledge, you can't easily do what you wish. Random questions are by student, not group. One could manually create 33 quizzes, use groups, and randomly assign students to 33 groups, but this is a lot of effort.

Why are you opposed to creating random quizzes, still letting students (not specific groups of 3, just any students) discuss them? This method could lead to even better learning.

Maybe someone else will have some ideas.