Boost Quiz Section Header styling

Boost Quiz Section Header styling

by Kimberley Johnston -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I've just been testing Boost Moodle 4.0dev (master branch from github/moodle/moodle) and also working with Moodle 3.11.3+ and I've been having a look at the styling of the Quiz section headers. I felt the current size was a bit large and cumbersome once you start getting a reasonably long header. I wondered if there was any interest from other Boost users to decrease the size of this text and perhaps increase the font-weight slightly to combat the decrease in size?

Below is a screenshot of the quiz navigation block with both the current styling and a potential restyle of the section header text. "Section header the first" is the restyle, "Section header the second" is current Boost.

Screen shot of quiz navigation in boost

Thanks smile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kimberley Johnston

Re: Boost Quiz Section Header styling

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Have you tried applying any custom CSS?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Kimberley Johnston -

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply - I should clarify I do know how to fix the issue. What I'm wondering is if there is any issue in the fix being pushed back upstream etc. 

by Kimberley Johnston -
That should read interest not issue smile

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Yep, I know what you mean, and I even agree. I have implemented a lot of CSS in my Moodle's Boost to make my Boost look "better," and I have also wondered why the core Moodle doesn't see it the same way. Oh well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

You could always make a feature request on Tracker.

The last that I saw of the Moodle 4.0 "development" release, there will probably be many more visual changes that we will make via custom CSS.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Kimberley Johnston -

Yes, I've got a long list of custom changes for 4.0.

Some of which I'll add to tracker smile