customize multitopics course format

customize multitopics course format

by Francesc Anglada -
Number of replies: 7

Hi
I would like to have different colors for every first level tag title (and other levels) but I don't know how to do it. I try to change the README_styles.css file but I don't get it.

I will be very thanful if someone give me some advise about it.

I use moodle version 3.11
Theme is boost
I usually use firefox 93.0

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francesc Anglada

Re: customize multitopics course format

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
All you should need to do is edit the each topic and add a background color. Though on my site in boost it didnt seem to work for me without using a pound sign in front of the color (ie. #FF9912)
Attachment Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.41.35 PM.png
In reply to John Provasnik

by Francesc Anglada -
I'm sorry. I see I didn't explain well what I would like to do.
For example, if you look at my screenshot on the original message, I would like to have the tittle "2. Els nivells d'organització" in green colour and its subcategories such as "Teoria", "D-Activitats Classe", "E-Activitats Classe", ... in green too, but a little bit softer than the main tittle.
Other first level tittle like "3. Alimentació humana" in orange color, and its sublevels in orange softer than the main tittle.
Thanks for your answer
Francesc

by John Provasnik -
This is still possible, just fill in the Font color field instead of the background color section (i also added a bold styling to the main level tabs):

So for each main tab, place the color you want (so for green: #008000, and for orange: #ffa500, etc...), and then for each sub-tab add a lighter version of that color (https://www.color-hex.com/ is a great resource), but for example, a lighter green: #66B266 and a lighter orange: #FFC04C

Green Tabs:

Orange Tabs:

by Francesc Anglada -
Oh! Great! This is exactly what I want to do. But you have the section configuration options that I don't have. What can I do to have the options of: font color, background color, CSS properties, ... how do you have?

I attach a section settings options screenshot

Thank you very much
Francesc Anglada
Attachment settings section.png

by John Provasnik -
It seems like we have differing versions. Which version of OneTopic do you have? I'm using la almeria - v2020122701 for Moodle 3.9 (https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=format_onetopic)

by Francesc Anglada -
Oh, yes. We have different plugin. I installed this other because I have moodle 3.11:

https://moodle.org/plugins/format_multitopic

Does anybody know if It can be customizable in the sameway?

Thanks for your attention
Francesc

by John Provasnik -
Sorry, I misread the format type. yes, we do have different plugins and I don't see a way to natively update the tab colors. You may need to have someone write you some custom CSS to style the tabs.