Interactive Video - Submitting answers

Interactive Video - Submitting answers

by tim st.clair -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers

I get asked this one a lot for interactive videos: How come my answers aren't submitted after I answered them?

This reveals to me that NOBODY knows that this little star at the end of the video is something you can click on.

the star icon

You don't normally have to click on anything on an interactive video in order to have it prompt you. For instance, while the video is playing interactions will appear for you - and you can click on them. But there is nothing indicating that you need to click in the bottom bar.

The submit screen has the 'Submit Answers' button.

the elisuve button that nobody knows is there

But most people NEVER REALISE there is a button they must hunt around for then press in order for their work to be saved.

Is there a way to make this button ACCESSIBLE or OBVIOUS, other than having to build an explainer screen that tells them to click the obscure button then click submit?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to tim st.clair

Re: Interactive Video - Submitting answers

by Oliver Tacke -
Hi Tim!

People should not have to hunt for the button, because the author can (and proably should) set trigger points for the submit screen and one should be put at the end of the video automatically if I recall correctly.
When those trigger points are reached, the video stops and presents the users with the submit screen.

Best,
Oliver