HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

by Thomas College -
Number of replies: 4

A student emailed to inform that anytime she accesses any of the links in one of her classes - she receives an 'HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error'.  The detailed description of the error is 'The Fast CGI process has failed frequently recently.  Try the request in a while'.  I am able to impersonate her Moodle user account when logged in as the Administrator and I am able to recreate this error fairly consistently by clicking the homework links in that class.   She is using MacOS and has experienced the problem on both Safari and Chrome.

Even when logged in as the Administrator (not impersonating any user accounts) - I received this same error when clicking on the Participants link for this particular class.  Overall, we do not have any widespread issues being reported by our students.  I have checked in with the Instructor of this class to find out if any other students have reported the problem and he stated none have reported it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas College

Re: HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I think you need to talk to your host about this - sounds like a server issue, not a Moodle issue...

by James W -
An HTTP 500 internal server error means your web server is experiencing problems, but it can't pinpoint the specific error or its root causes. When this happens, your website will serve up a general internal server error web page to your site's visitors
In reply to James W

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That's not really true - the underlying reason may have been logged. It's just not shown on the web page.

by Heather P -
We had this last week.
We tracked it to opcache being given too much resource in the php.ini file. It had been OK but then just suddenly got the 500 error. Very odd behaviour.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)