Compatibility with Moodle version

Compatibility with Moodle version

by Emma Galindo -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, 

I´m very new to Moodle. Have installed Moudle Cloud V. 3.11.1 (Build 20210712) and designed a few courses using H5P (developed in H5P.com and uploaded to my Content Bank). I have very simple interactive videos, images, and activitys (multiple choice, true and false, etc)

I need to restore these courses on my customer´s Moodle server:

Moodle V 3.1 running 3.6.3+ (Build 20190418) 

I was planning to backup the course and then restore on their moodle site. 

1. Can I be sure everything will be restored correctly? 

2. What are the issues I have to address in order to be sure everything will work correctly?

I would really appreciate input and recommendations.

Regards, 

Emma

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Galindo

Re: Compatibility with Moodle version

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Emma, correct word would be Import, and not restore, but anyway, yes depending on if your client's server is moodle 3.x+ and you've not used any plug-ins in your course that aren't installed in your customer's server.
rest everything should be fine.
In reply to Emma Galindo

Re: Compatibility with Moodle version

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you mean - and I'm not completely sure you do - that you developed the courses on 3.11.1 and you want to restore on 3.6.3 then the strict answer is no, it's not supported. Backup and restore is only guaranteed to work forwards.

On top of that, Moodle 3.6 doesn't have a content bank. I've never used H5P so I'm not sure if there are any other considerations.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)