How to unset first/last name filters on Grader view?

How to unset first/last name filters on Grader view?

by Paul Vincent -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Assign grader page (e.g. the view with the Annotation tools etc.) to unset any first or last name preferences that may have been set in the Grading table view. The issue being that we have tutors following direct links to assignments which need grading, but being derailed when the Grader page tells them 'No Users'. They're then having to go to the grading table page and Reset the Table preferences from there before they can return to the Grader page to provide a grade.

I'd hoped that the user_preferences api would provide this possibility, so we could unset the ifirst and ilast prefs when a user hits the Grader view, e.g.:

unset_user_preference('ilast', $USER->id);

...but although I can see from the SQL the pref has been unset, this doesn't seem to be having the desired effect. 

Note that I found a way to remove all active filters by hacking the mod/assign/locallib.php file (around line 2206 - if ($tablesort) {... etc.) but I need the tutor to be able to use the 'Requires Grading' filters, just not to have the view affected by the index filters. 

Can anyone provide pointers on how I might accomplish this?

Many thanks,

Paul Vincent

Average of ratings: -