Course restoration hangs in moodle 3.11

Course restoration hangs in moodle 3.11

by Mudabbir S -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, I have created a new moodle website (version 3.11+ and trying to restore a course. I have enabled the error messages to be displayed. At the very first step, following errors are reported.

Invalid get_string() identifier: 'pluginname' or component 'bootstrapelements'. Perhaps you are missing $string['pluginname'] = ''; in mod/bootstrapelements/lang/en/bootstrapelements.php?

line 353 of /lib/classes/string_manager_standard.php: call to debugging()

line 7283 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to core_string_manager_standard->get_string()

line 205 of /backup/util/ui/renderer.php: call to get_string()

line 384 of /backup/util/ui/restore_ui_stage.class.php: call to core_backup_renderer->backup_details()

line 163 of /backup/restore.php: call to restore_ui_stage_confirm->display()

--------------------------

After that if I decide to continue, then when I press Perform Restore

It moves to restore page, but nothing happens afterwards.

--------------------------

My PHP.ini file is given below:

; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit

; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.

; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)

; For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)

allow_url_fopen = On

display_errors = On

enable_dl = Off

file_uploads = On

max_execution_time = 600

max_input_time = 200

max_input_vars = 1000

memory_limit = 256M

post_max_size = 516M

session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74"

upload_max_filesize = 512M

zlib.output_compression = Off

--------------------------------------

Server logs show following errors:

[Sat Sep 25 01:20:10.693492 2021] [autoindex:error] [pid 424342:tid 22489241065216] [client 207.46.13.157:0] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home3/examiumc/public_html/live/lib/yuilib/3.17.2/yui-core/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

[Sat Sep 25 00:29:07.922292 2021] [autoindex:error] [pid 328838:tid 22489165420288] [client 157.55.39.171:0] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home3/examiumc/public_html/live/lib/yuilib/3.17.2/datatable-message/lang/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

[Fri Sep 24 22:51:57.196044 2021] [autoindex:error] [pid 847791:tid 22489283090176] [client 207.46.13.92:0] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home3/examiumc/public_html/live/lib/yuilib/3.17.2/history-html5/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

[Fri Sep 24 18:57:45.047824 2021] [autoindex:error] [pid 847793:tid 22489259976448] [client 157.55.39.171:0] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home3/examiumc/public_html/live/lib/yuilib/3.17.2/node-pluginhost/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

--------------------------------

Any help will be appreciated.

regards.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mudabbir S

Re: Course restoration hangs in moodle 3.11

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What is mod/bootstrapelements? Sounds like an optional module (that I've not heard of)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mudabbir S -
Thanks Howard for response.
I have never come across mod/bootstrapelements. I guess it might be an element from bootstrap activity on old moodle instance.
If it helps, I have also added server logs in main message.
In reply to Mudabbir S

by Mudabbir S -
I further increased the limits in php.ini (as given below). Still facing the same issue.
max_execution_time: 300
max_input_time: 300
php_value max_input_vars 5000
PHP_memory_limit: 512M
php_value post_max_size 2048M
php_value upload_max_filesize: 512M
php_value max_file_uploads: 512M
session.gc_maxlifetime: 1440
In reply to Mudabbir S

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well... it's this I suppose - https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_bootstrapelements

It's not been current since 3.6. Either content for it is in the backup or it's installed in your new version. Either way it's not ideal. Restore doesn't have a good history of trying to restore missing modules.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mudabbir S -
Yes Howard, I observed that we are not using boostrapelements in any courses. It seems it propagated through Moodle upgrades from previous versions.
I deleted this plugin and then performed a course backup.
Tried to restore the same.
Still no luck except that the aforementioned error message related to bootstrapelements doesn't appear now.