single account with multiple authentication method

single account with multiple authentication method

by shiva k -
Number of replies: 3

Is it possible to allow each account two authentication methods (eg: manual and oidc)?

It seems only one method can be assigned for a given account but documentation keeps talking about multiple but not clear its for a single user or for different...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to shiva k

Re: single account with multiple authentication method

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can have multiple authentication methods but the method is locked to each individual user. When they *first* log in it will try each in order until one works. That is recorded in their user record and becomes the one they use.
In reply to Howard Miller

by shiva k -
Thanks for your input. In my college students often forget their passwords during exams. As they all have O365 account using oidc will unify their credentials (single sign in) so that they dont need to remember separately one for manual and another one for O365 account.
Is there any way to help my students in this case?
In reply to shiva k

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think your problem here was having multiple sign-ins in the first place. I don't use O365 accounts but I suspect you could have converted your original, manual accounts without too much trouble.