Online text submission with Comment inline = Yes

Online text submission with Comment inline = Yes

by Allida Branton -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I am using Moodle 3.5 with the Clean theme.  I am trying to use the assignment type 'Online text' with Feedback types = Feedback comments and Comment inline = Yes.

I have tested having a student document the steps in a procedure and cut and paste that text into the text editor. 

That works fine.  My issue is with the instructor's ability to comment inline.  

Instructor's view of online text submission

When you click on the magnifying glass icon the entire document displays.  However, there is no text editor.  There is a back button at the bottom of the page that will take you back to the screen above. There is no way to comment inline on the document.  How do I get the document to display in an editor?

Below is the how the student’s work is displayed (in two screen shots.)

Instrauctor's view online content
Instructor's view Online content part 2

Thank you in advance for your help.

Allida 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allida Branton

Re: Online text submission with Comment inline = Yes

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hey, I think you can't doing on the quick grading page - you'll want to hit that blue grade button to load the indiviiudal grading page and there is where the student text should be automatically copied into thr feedback text box. I feel like that's how it worked when I used that feature. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Online text submission with Comment inline = Yes

by Allida Branton -

Thank you so much!!  That worked.  I appreciate so much you taking the time to answer my question.  

Thanks again,

Allida