Definition on hover

Definition on hover

by Steve Pelham -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

... guess someoe asked that before, but I did not found a solution in the forums so far...

for some coursese we use glossary plugin on Moodle 3.5 which works very well. Now however we want to change the display. Up to now on hovering a word that matches an entry of the glossary we can see the name of the glossary as blur effekt. By clicking we get a pop up with the definition of that entry out of the glossary as a pop up. That pop up can be clicked away.

Is it possible to let definition show on hovering the term instead of glossary name ?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Pelham

Re: Definition on hover

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Steve,

I proposed a hack to introduce such a feature in the Glossary module... back in 2009, with an updated version in 2013. See MDL-18213. My hack received 20 votes, but it was never implemented.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Definition on hover

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Joseph, this is a nice idea. My only issue with "hover" (at least in my experience) is that it takes 3 seconds for the 'hover text' to appear. Students aren't that patient haha.