Plagiarism detection in Moodlecloud

Plagiarism detection in Moodlecloud

by Sam Bern -
Number of replies: 4

We'd love to be able to use plagiarism detection in Moodlecloud has anyone found a way to make it work?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Bern

Re: Plagiarism detection in Moodlecloud

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Plagiarism detection requires paid subscription, so that would add to the cost of a MoodleCloud account. I suspect there are no ways to make it work currently.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Sam Bern -
It's something we'd pay for just to speed up the process of marking. If anyone is reading these looking for plugin recommendations, we'd appreciate it.
In reply to Sam Bern

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Sam,

No, at this time, there are no plagiarism detection plugins supported on MoodleCloud.

Out of curiosity, which of those available for Moodle would you be most interested in?

Mathieu
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Marcin Adamski -
Hi Mathieu,

I would like to endorse Sam's request. Plagiarism detection becomes a necessity. We are simply requested to do it.
I use a local installation of Moodle for my 'local' Uni teaching and Moodle Cloud for remote courses. Our local Uni Moodle uses TurnitIn, and I absolutely need a similar feature in Moodle Cloud (anything is better than nothing!).
From the options you have mentioned, I know only TurnitIn. And I don't like it at all. At least the version we use - a separate activity - has no way to incorporate extensions (like user/group overrides), it does not accept Html files, there is no cutoff date, there is no marking workflow, there is no offline marking option, no marking groups, etc. A nightmare to use for larger classes.
Anyway, from my perspective it would be absolutely the best to integrate plagiarism detection directly into Moodle assignment activity (and if possible into the quiz, for the essay questions). Would any of these plugins work that way?

Thanks,
Marcin