Version of Moodle?
Audio file types are? .mp3 or what?
You might look at media players on server:
Where it has section on ... and says:
Manage media players
When players are enabled, media files can be embedded using the multimedia plugins filter (if enabled) or using a file or URL resource. When not enabled, these formats are not embedded and users can download or follow links to these resources.
Where two players support the same format, enabling both increases compatibility across different devices such as mobile phones. It is possible to increase compatibility further by providing multiple files in different formats for a single audio or video clip.
*IF all/most of your students/clients use iPhone/iPad then choose above that would be most compatible for those devices.
You can arrange the order of those players offered ... as well as disable those not needed or used.
What Audio Formats Does iPad Support?
The current supported audio formats for the iPad and other iOS devices are:
- AAC (bitrates from 8 to 320 Kbps)
- HE-AAC (bitrates from 8 to 320 Kbps)
- Protected AAC (from the iTunes Store)
- ALAC (Apple Lossless)
- MP3 (bitrates 8 to 320 Kbps)
- MP3 VBR (Variable Bitrate)
- Dolby Digital (AC-3)
- Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3)
- AA (Audible formats 2, 3, 4) / Audible Enhanced Audio / AAX / AAX+
- WAV (Waveform Audio File Format)
- AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format)