Restrict Access until but still display All Grades

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Moodlers -

Is there a way to restrict Access to a full section but still allow all the grades to appear in the gradebook so the students can view.

For example: Students HW is due by 0800 on a date so students can not access the assignments BUT all the assignments have not been graded yet so I want the students to be able to still view the individual assignment grades WITHOUT having access to the assignments.  I realize I can restrict access by each activity but we have a lot of assignments so I was hoping if I did it by the SECTION LEVEL I would only have to update the from and until dates per section vs per each assignment every time we teach this class. But when I did this, the students could only view the overall section grade average not the individual grades for each assignment. So I have went ahead and removed the "until" restriction on the section and manually edited the dates in each assignment but was hopefully their might be a workaround so I do not have to redo all 12 sections and individual dates.  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance 

In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
The only work around I can think of (which I had to employ on my site for this same reason) is to restrict each assignment in that section to another activity (we use a "Getting started this week" Page module activity that has generic information in it). By restricting each activity in the week to that Page module this allows studnets to see the activities in their gradebook (as black, un-clickable links).