SCORM Display

Re: SCORM Display

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
A couple of non-moodle thoughts--how your screen displays can impact. I have a course that, when at full screen with no more than 100% display, works great but on a phone or in a minimized screen gets really weird. It works, it just doesn't look right and a couple things shift weird. What are your display settings?

Also, the size you build your scorms in can impact how moodle presents. For years, I only build 800X600 because my old job had a lot of really old equipment and some of the computers couldn't effectively manage larger--it looked ugly and never worked right in larger. Look at the size of your module (they look really wide), if feasible, you could republish with different sizing (taller and narrower, maybe?).

You can tell moodle to not include the title but that is about it--you'll still get the base moodle stuff if you display in the same window. If you use one of the themes (most of them these days) that uses the left menu--you can tell people to click the hamburger menu to shut it and increase screen real estate. If you open in a new window, you have to tell it what dimensions to use-defaults are pretty small. You can change the defaults site wide.

It looks to me that these are not all the same courses--the one moodle one looks okay, just looks like it needs a longer window. I suspect (if this is current window) that there is a setting somewhere that dictates width and height of the inline frame--find that and you can change it..