Moodle 4.0

Moodle 4.0

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is anyone playing with themes for 4.0 or are you all waiting for the actual release?  I would love to see what you are working on if you have a dev version to play with?  Just downloaded the current 4.0 and starting to play around with it...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Moodle 4.0

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Emma,

Not yet, I do have an M4.0 environment, but I've been more thinking about the Course format changes (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_4.0_developer_update#The_core_courseformat_subsystem) which will mean a shed load of work for me! I've known about them for a while now, just not had the time to really look. Indeed I actually tend to prefer to learn what I need to learn and not follow the development story so much.

Pragmatically, I'll update Foundation first and learn with that as its completely my theme from scratch.

G
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, I can imagine the course formats are going to be huge...I can see that I realistically will not get my site re-done till probably the end of the school year...

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I have done just a little bit with Boost and Moodle 4.0. So far, some of the changes that I like to make in Moodle 3.11 seem to work in Moodle 4.0. At this point in time, I plan to continue using Boost with CSS modifications. I also plan to experiment (a little more aggressively) with making 4.0 look like my 3.11.

Gareth, just so that you know, your Collapsed Topics 3.10 plugin seems to work in my experimental Moodle 4.0!  It does, however, negate some of the Nav Drawer and Activity Completion features.  Not a problem in my Moodle, just keeping you informed.

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'd say there are still too many things open on the Tracker to be working on anything specifically for Moodle4 yet.
Code Freeze (or at least stopping taking community patches) is set for October 4th I believe, so may start looking then - but even at that point there are likely to still be HQ additions, though whether or not they'll impact theming will depend what they are.