File submissions using Google Drive not working

Re: File submissions using Google Drive not working

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The old server you had ... was it using:

https://moodle.org/plugins/auth_googleoauth2

When one sets up a repo, one can change it's name ... which is what I think you did.   So access the config of that again and let moodle handle the naming of it ... think you'd want only one anyway.

Also, in admin/settings.php?section=authsettingoauth2 I have left all fields unlocked.

You do need to enable the Google Drive repo and make it available to see it in file picker.

Sent you a PM with a link to a sandbox server with multiple versions of Moodle using Google Oauth2 and Google Drive ... if you wanna kick the tires. smile

Is this you? ricktest-lchs@ ...  I've confirmed your account now. ;)  So you are student in the test course.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Rick Sparrow -
A big shout-out to Ken here for all his help! This is now working! I didn't realize how much Google OAuth integration changed since the last time I set it up. Some things that were either optional or didn't even exist before were now required. I needed to verify ownership of our Moodle site. This was by uploading a small html file provided by the Google dev console to our Moodle server's html directory. My Server > OAuth2 services settings were missing the system account settings. And finally, in Server > Plugins > Repositories > Google Drive, I needed to change the "Supported files" setting to "Internal and external". After making these changes, our students can now submit assignments using Google Drive just fine.

Again, thank you Ken for all your assistance here!

Rick
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Rick Sparrow

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Welcome and Thanks!

'SoS', Ken