How to set date/time availabity on a File

How to set date/time availabity on a File

by Ken Masters -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

How does one set date/time availability on a file?

I have a file that I have uploaded to the course, and I wish it to become available automatically on a particular date.  While I can do this with other activities, the File activity does not have this option (See pic).

(I'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to post this message, but there does not appear to be a forum for File, and the search did not help me.

Thanks

Ken

No file Availability

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Masters

Re: How to set date/time availabity on a File

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ken,

How about setting a date access restriction?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ken Masters -
That sort of works - thanks. (It shows on the screen, but has an indication that it is not available, and so can't be accessed until the date/time). for my purposes, though, it will work. Thank you.
In reply to Ken Masters

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you don't want students to see the restriction info and greyed out link, simply click the eye icon to close it, as mentioned in the section 'Hiding the conditions' in the documentation Restrict access settings.