Adaptable Theme: Drag-and-drop onto image question type - preview not visible

Adaptable Theme: Drag-and-drop onto image question type - preview not visible

by Menno Altena -
Number of replies: 9

Hi Gareth,

I am trying to show the preview as mentioned in the title, but it doesn't show me the image. It does appear in Boost.

It could be some custom CSS I have applied (my best guess) but I am not sure how to find the right piece of code that is causing the problem.

Before having to check all the CSS-code we have added to our Moodle, could you help me figure out where the root of this problem lies? 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Menno

Attachment drag and drop - preview not shown.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Menno Altena

Re: Adaptable Theme: Drag-and-drop onto image question type - preview not visible

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle / theme version? Steps to replicate? Please!
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Adaptable Theme: Drag-and-drop onto image question type - preview not visible

by Menno Altena -

my apologies ! 

My Moodle version is 3.9.9. 

The steps I took were: 

I turned on the CRON-job, which was turned off after the latest upgrade (from Moodle 3.9.4 to 3.9.9).

I checked the question type in a different theme (Theme Boost) in which it did work.

I checked the additional code in my theme but couldn’t find anything in particular that could cause the problem. Not sure I did that right. 

In reply to Menno Altena

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Adaptable version please?

What steps did you perform to add the D & D question type please?

by Menno Altena -

Adaptable version: 3.9.1.3

Steps I took to add the D & D question type:

1. Opened an existing question, copied it.
2. opened the copy, using ''edit''.
3. draggable items has filled in options from the original question.
4. Dropzones are filled in as well.
5. Uploaded the new image and pressed 'save and continue editing'

6. Background image is loaded, but isn't shown.

I repeated this multiple times without success.
Hope this helps! 

In reply to Menno Altena

by Gareth J Barnard -
Ok, thanks, but how can I replicate accurately if I don't know what was in the existing question on your system?

by Menno Altena -
I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Could you please specify what you need me to do?
In reply to Menno Altena

by Gareth J Barnard -
Please tell me how to replicate the problem without copying from another question that I don't know how its configured, i.e. from 'new'.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Ok, I've tried with a new question and can replicate in M3.9 but not in M3.10 where Adaptable is functionally the same. There is an odd JavaScript error which are very difficult to fix. Therefore at the moment I don't have the time to deal with such a complex issue in an older version of the theme.

by Menno Altena -
Alright, thanks for letting me know and for taking the time to find the root of the problem.