Adaptable course tile images not linked

Adaptable course tile images not linked

by Jane Stradins -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle: 3.9.7+  Adaptable 3.9.1.2

We've just upgraded our moodle from 3.5 to 3.9 and now the images on the course tiles (front page) are not linked to the courses.  The word 'Course' is linked as is the course name so it's not a huge issue but I (and the learners) keep clicking on the image as a matter of habit.  Has anyone had the same issue and resolved it?  TIA

Course Tiles

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jane Stradins

Re: Adaptable course tile images not linked

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Change 'frontpagerenderer' setting to 'Coventry tiles' and the images are clickable.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Jane Stradins -

Thanks Gareth. I've tried Coventry tiles but the image goes really big and out of proportion so it's not an option. I tried rescaling the images but they just grow and then pixelated as they are now smaller to start with.

Hope that makes sense!

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The images don't get really big for me, they are only 25px bigger.  And if they are pixelated, then get larger versions of them.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Jane Stradins -
Here's a screen shot using Coventry Tiles:

Coventry

All images have expanded so the full image (with white space around) is no longer visible.  Here's a screen shot of the same courses using Tiles w Overlay:

Tiles w overlay

Which I prefer so will probably stick with it!

Thank you for your time Gareth smile

by Gareth J Barnard -
Ok, probably possible to put the link on the image back, need to think.