Cannot HIDE a grade item

Cannot HIDE a grade item

by Jacques LeCavalier -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, there.

Using Moodle 3.10. I need to HIDE a "Final test" grade item, as grading is partly manual, and two instructors are involved, and they want the grades on this test to be hidden until they confirm they've finished the grading.

In the Gradebook setup, when I Edit the settings of the final test, I cannot change the "Hidden" parameter as it says "This is set in the Activity settings". 

I am not able to HIDE the grade in the Final test's settings either, as there does not appear to be a parameter for this.

I'm quite sure there must be another location where I can Hide this grade item, but I cannot find it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Jacques

In reply to Jacques LeCavalier

Re: Cannot HIDE a grade item

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jacques,

I'm assuming that the Final test is a quiz activity, right?

If so, as far as I know, to hide it in the gradebook you need to go to the Review options in the quiz settings and un-tick the Marks boxes.

Please post to let us know if my suggestion works. It's not intuitive at all, is it?!

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Cannot HIDE a grade item

by Jacques LeCavalier -
Thanks so much for the quick and kind reply, Helen!
I think that is the solution, yes. You're right, not completely intuitive, but makes sense in the Moodle universe!
I appreciate your help.
Jacques