Bulk upload with cohorts sync doesn't update cohorts enrolments

Bulk upload with cohorts sync doesn't update cohorts enrolments

by Roberto Catanuto -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 3.9.8

Hi, I currently have automatic enrolment with cohort sync on all of my school's courses.

I had to update the members of some cohorts, and did it by bulk upload .csv file (as always).

The issue is that the cohort were correctly updated but the enrolments (linked to those cohorts) were not.

I simply went through a workaround by deleting the old cohorts enrolments and setup them anew with the updated cohorts. But I do wonder if it's possible to update the cohorts (with bulk upload) AND the cohorts enrolments at the same time.

Thank you for your feedback.

Roberto.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roberto Catanuto

Re: Bulk upload with cohorts sync doesn't update cohorts enrolments

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Is your Cron job, Cohort enrolment Sync Task running frequently?
Kind Regards
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Roberto Catanuto

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
it might depend on how you enrolled the cohorts. If you added and new enrollment method with cohort sync, they should sync automatically (as long as cron is running) but if you just added the cohort from the participants page, that is a one time enrollment and not an ongoing sync.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Roberto Catanuto -
Thanks for your feedback. Now you say it, yes it must be a cron related problem. I'll investigate on it further.