MoodleCloud Support Changes

MoodleCloud Support Changes

by Kelly Howell -
Number of replies: 5

We would like to inform you that there are some upcoming changes to your MoodleCloud Portal.

We have implemented a help widget in the MoodleCloud Portal to help guide you to find the right answers in our new knowledge base. To open the help widget click the help icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen in the MoodleCloud Portal. This will bring up a search box where you can search for answers to all of our most commonly asked questions.

MoodleCloudMoodleCloud

In case you cannot find an answer to your query, you can still contact our support team via the new widget by searching for and opening an article. If that article does not address your query you can click the “Not helpful” button that you will find at the end of every article within the help widget. This will open up a support request where our support team can assist you.

MoodleCloud

You will then be able to submit a ticket using this form:

MoodleCloud

If you need something larger or more customisable than MoodleCloud offers, you are still able to contact a Moodle Partner in your region from the “Change plan” tab in your MoodleCloud Portal.

Happy Moodling!
The MoodleCloud Team

(Edited by Frances Le Page - original submission Monday, August 30, 2021, 4:23 PM)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Kelly Howell

Re: MoodleCloud Support Changes

by Stephanie Ferguson -
Hi Kelly!

I tried doing this but the problem I'm having is with logging in to my moodle cloud site, and so I can't access the MoodleCloud portal either. Is there another way to create a ticket? Or an email that I could reach out to? Thanks very much.
In reply to Stephanie Ferguson

by Frances Le Page -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi Stephanie,

Have you tried to log in to your MoodleCloud portal from https://moodlecloud.com/app/en/login? You can sign in using your MoodleCloud site name and password.
Let me know if you are still having issues.
Thanks,
Frances
In reply to Frances Le Page

by Stephanie Ferguson -
Hi Frances, Yes, unfortunately, I did try signing in there but with no luck. The problem seems to be with my login info. Thanks so much for the reply!
In reply to Kelly Howell

Re: How can I host my site online for free?

by Ibadullah Arife -

Hello dear,

I hope you are fine.

We are a new initiative providing cost-free learning opportunities to women. Due to the lack of budget, we are thinking of hosting our moodle site online for free. Is there any way that can help us in this regard?

We appreciate your response. Thank you in advance. 

In reply to Ibadullah Arife

Re: How can I host my site online for free?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
" we are thinking of hosting our moodle site online for free"

Hosting will cost someone somewhere some money, so the short answer is no. The longer answer is that there is relatively affordable hosting but that is really outside the scope of the advice you should seek here. You need to understand the essentials of what is required for Moodle and this is typically the LAMPP stack.

To give you an example I pay around $USD12 a month for some hosting that might support perhaps 20 to 40 simultaneous users. But I have 20 years of Moodle and related technical experience. To economise on the technical support someone has to learn a bunch of stuff or you have to persuade them to work for free/cheap.

The MoodleClouud offering mentioned in this forum is quite affordable and is delivered by the worlds greatest experts on the topic, so you should consider it.

Good luck and do come back with the results of your research and any more questions you have.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)