Feature Request > Master Course

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The idea here is to provide core curriculum from a master course and copy that content into new courses, however, any changes to the existing activities in the master course are reflected in the copies with the ability to push out changes to all associated courses.

This feature would streamline getting content to teachers from designers.

The key here is that the activities can be dynamically updated and pushed out by content designers and and copies are updated. 

The other key aspect is that the teacher can also add their own content which is not touched or altered by the master activities.
Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Wonderful idea : ) I've tried every way I can think to do this natively and everything has at least one drawback. Would be curious how this could be done natively. Are you part of the MUA? Maybe it would be something they'd be interested in...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Feature Request > Master Course

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Not part of MUA. This would be an awesome suggestion for funding. I suspect it would need a significant budget and altering of core files and database tables.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Feature Request > Master Course

by Garth Brady -
Yup, like a git with branches for Moodle activities... Been looking for this for decades.