Unable to set the default maximum number of attachments for announcements

Unable to set the default maximum number of attachments for announcements

by Ariden Lei -
Number of replies: 1
We are using Moodle 3.8, CentOS 7.4, PHP 7.2

I notice that there is an option "maximum number of attachments": 10 (Default: 9) at the below path.
Site administration->Plugins->Activity modules->Forum

Unfortunately, this value does not work at all. It only works for forum but not announcement. When I create a new course, I click the announcement and see that the default maximum number of files is still 1. 

Course page->Latest announcements->Add a new topic->it shows:
Maximum file size:Unlimited, maximum number of files: 1
or, Announcements->Add a new topic->Advanced->it shows:
Maximum file size:Unlimited, maximum number of files: 1

It is true that the maximum number of attachments can be changed by teachers themselves at "Attachments and word count" under "Editing Settings". However, most teachers do not know how to do this. They would complain whenever they want to send announcement but see the default maximum number of attachment is only one. It would be desirable if we can set the default value to have multiple attachments.

Please advise how to do this. Thank you very much.
Attachment attachment.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ariden Lei

Re: Unable to set the default maximum number of attachments for announcements

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

It seems that you have found a bug! I searched the tracker and found a report of it - MDL-66669. Please vote for the issue to indicate you would like it to be fixed.