Yahoo YUI, AMD and ES6 Modules

Yahoo YUI, AMD and ES6 Modules

by David Ordóñez -
Number of replies: 1
Hi!

Im actually working in a project to re-define some aspects of the UI experience for the filemanager form field in the context of an overriden renderer for essay_question_type instances that asks files.

However I noticed the JS code of the parts involved (filepicker.js, filemanager.js and dndupload.js) are still on the YUI library. I technically see that it is quite easy to migrate the stuff to AMD or ES6, the only detail for me is the amount of effort(time) that would take and the dependencies that i dont know yet.

My question is if is there in the docs a kind of a list of YUI Modules that were already migrated, and also  the modules that are in the waiting list?
I need some guidance in order to decide if it is worth the effort.

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Ordóñez

Re: Yahoo YUI, AMD and ES6 Modules

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Every YUI module needs to be migrated to ES6 when someone has the time to do it.

Any help you can give here would be appreciated I am sure.

To see what is going on, you probably need to look in the Tracker. This query might get you started: https://tracker.moodle.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MDL%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20text%20~%20YUI%20AND%20component%20%3D%20JavaScript