Moodlecloud - How to disable students from viewing other online students in a course

Moodlecloud - How to disable students from viewing other online students in a course

by Rana B -
Number of replies: 2

Hi.

I am a new Moodlecloud user and facing some teething problems. Appreciate your help in finding a solution to a basic issue!

I have created a course and would lie to disable the functionality of the students able to see which other students are online.

I went to administration settings and have disabled all profile viewing kind of accesses for students (have attached the screenshots of current user settings on the administrator dashboard).

However when I login as student, the other online users is still showing.

Can anyone advise what should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rana B

Re: Moodlecloud - How to disable students from viewing other online students in a course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moving to MoodleCloud forum....
In reply to Rana B

Re: Moodlecloud - How to disable students from viewing other online students in a course

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Rana,

I know of the "Online Users Block", but I'm not sure if there are other ways for students to see which other students are online. Are you thinking of something else?

For the block, you can edit the Student role (under /admin/roles/manage.php) and "prevent" the capability "block/online_users:viewlist". I would probably set all capabilities relating to this block to "prevent" for Students at that point, since it's kind of useless.

Let us know if there's something clearly MoodleCloud-specific for this, I'm curious. Otherwise, you would be better served by the original forum where you posted.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)