Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 3.11

Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 3.11

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello,

I've updated Collapsed Topics as follows:

Version 3.11.0.2 for Moodle 3.11 version 2021051700.00 (Build: 20210517) and above within the 3.11 branch until the next release:

with:

1. Add 'aria-controls' (https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/examples/disclosure/disclosure-faq.html) - CONTRIB-8637.
  2. Add caching to activity meta information in the hope of improving performance.
  3. Add 'aria-live=polite' to the section content and 'aria-controls' to the open / close all buttons - CONTRIB-8637.

What I really need feedback on please is point '2'.  I've spent a day or so adding caching to the activity information functionality in order to hopefully improve performance.  Therefore, please do install on a test server and let me know how you get on with this 'release candidate'.  I've already backported the code in GitHub back to the M3.9 version and if all is well here, I'll release those versions.  Then I'll port to the Adaptable theme between 3.9 and 3.11 versions.

In addition I've refactored some elements for the purpose of making it easier for me to create a M4.0 version, but that will take time as there are a lot of changes.

If you find this post useful, then please mark it so.  Please report any issues with this version ONLY here.

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (2)