Evaluation respect to date

Evaluation respect to date

by Miguel Bejarano -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all.

Do you know if there is any way to evaluate task and quiz under 100 if they deliver or take it before a certain date, 
but over 80 if they do it after that date?

Thank you very much in advance.

La media da valetaziuns: -
In reply to Miguel Bejarano

Re: Evaluation respect to date

by Dominique Bauer -
Maletg da 	Documentation writers Maletg da 	Particularly helpful Moodlers Maletg da 	Plugin developers
Hello Miguel,

I don't know of any plugin that manages late penalties. It would have to be done manually or with some awkward workaround.

by Eoin Campbell -
Maletg da 	Core developers Maletg da 	Particularly helpful Moodlers Maletg da 	Plugin developers
You could have 2 separate quizzes, and the first quiz closes at the deadline, while the second quiz opens at that time. In addition, the 2nd quiz is restricted to be visible only after the deadline. The later quiz has the maximum grade field set to a lower value, but can have the same questions. Both quizzes are placed in the same gradebook category, and the category is set to evaluate to the highest grade of the 2 grade items. Students will see both items in the gradebook, but can only have completed one of them. I believe that if you set the 1st quiz to become invisible after the deadline (using Restrict access), then it will not be visible in the gradebook, but I'm not sure about this.
You may also be able to hide the individual quiz grade items in the gradebook, and just display the category grade instead, to reduce student confusion.
La media da valetaziuns: Useful (1)

by Miguel Bejarano -
Thanks, Dominique and Eoin.

In fact, I did it in that way. But it is annoying, because I have do it for all activities because there is a rule in my school to allow to students give activities after time (grading under 80).

by Dominique Bauer -
Maletg da 	Documentation writers Maletg da 	Particularly helpful Moodlers Maletg da 	Plugin developers
Late penalties would indeed be an interesting feature of quizzes, assignments, ...
La media da valetaziuns: Useful (2)