Can't create issue to report bug

Can't create issue to report bug

by Barb Hall -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, I've found what I believe to be a bug with "Topic".  I've been to Moodle tracker but can't create a bug report without proof that I've searched existing issues for one that is similar.  I did a search but couldn't find anything similar.

Hope it is okay to do this.

Here's my intended bug report:

I have 10 Topics in a course.  They are listed under my course on the left margin. When I choose to display the course with all topics, everything looks fine (first pic).  Topic name (PT101 - Course Evaluation) is within the topic boundary, to the left.  However if I just click on the bottom topic within the course, the topic name is centered above the topic boundary, not within the topic itself to the left and there is no move icon to put it where it belongs (2nd pic). The edit topic button however, remains inside the topic boundary box. 

Any advice on how to post to tracker would help, as well as guidance on the actual issue itself.

Thanks in advance,

Barb

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barb Hall

Re: Can't create issue to report bug

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Barb. Presumably you read the docs page Tracker introduction as you knew you had to search for existing bugs? Try to "watch" and/or "vote" for a bug as suggested on that page, as then there will be a record of your actions and that you are a genuine user. These steps are unfortunately necessary to prevent spammers.

Re your display problem, what version of Moodle and theme are you using? I tried this on 3.11 on the School demo site but couldn't replicate it.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Barb Hall -
Hi Mary, thank you I'll do that in Tracker. I'm using 3.11.2, and I think the theme is classic . Even if I have only one topic it does the same thing. Another thing I've noticed is that the box around the topic is missing the bottom line, no matter how many topics there are or how I view the topic (either on its own, or by list of topics). It also doesn't matter if editing is on or off.
Hope this helps,
Barb
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Just to clarify, we really hate that the process has to be so unwelcoming to people who want to start contributing to Moodle. Thank you very much for doing that, and I hope this has not put you off.

However, these extreme measures were forced on us be horribly persistent spammers who were abusing the tracker. It is very sad, and we are sorry.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)