Migrating LTI-activities into H5P activities - Maintain Completion data

Migrating LTI-activities into H5P activities - Maintain Completion data

by Peter Schmitz -
Number of replies: 2

Gooday,

in the past we have been basing our learning strategy on LTI largely. There has been a decision that H5P is the new LTI going forward  (as far as we are concerned), since - well, a lot of reasons - and I am gradually converting about 250 modules from LTI to H5P interactive video.

The H5P courses are going to be  1:1 mirror images of the LTI courses. How can I transfer all student completion data (ticks in boxes) from the 'old' (LTI-based) version of the course to the 'new' (H5P-based) version of the course. The objective is that come some Monday Morning, students can seamlessly continue to work in the 'new' H5P course without missing a beat and maintain all their completion data.

I did this once when migrating from LTI to plain video as a format and I had to undergo a humongous exercise in manipulating SQL tables, exporting completion status form _modules_completion and manually assigning this completion data to the new modules. I am hoping with every bit of my heart that I can avoid that, since it took me 2 days and a lot of anxiety.

Can anyone think of an elegant way to do this?

Many Thanks

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Schmitz

Re: Migrating LTI-activities into H5P activities - Maintain Completion data

by Peter Schmitz -

Sorry guys, wasnt thinking properly. What I meant to say is SCORM, not LTI. We happen to use LTI as well but what the above refers to is SCORM being replaced by H5P. With LTI its another level of complexity because these are stored in a separate table in the DB entirely and just cross-referenced in the completion table.

In reply to Peter Schmitz

Trả lời: Re: Migrating LTI-activities into H5P activities - Maintain Completion data

by Maye Boehm -
Sorry guys, wasnt thinking properly. What I meant to say is SCORM slope game, not LTI. We happen to use LTI as well but what the above refers to is SCORM being replaced by H5P. With LTI its another level of complexity because these are stored in a separate table in the DB entirely and just cross-referenced in the completion table.

Thank you!  I thought it would be a lot harder to get an answer to this question!