Laggy site

Re: Laggy site

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Freshly started, load average jumps to 1.45 (out of 2)? Not good? Does the column CPU% add up to 145%? (I don't know, why you keep on pruning the output. Now the head is there, but the chest is gone!)

For comparison here's is what 'top' shows in a MoodleBox, Moodle on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (4 much weaker cores and 1 GB of RAM) in its idle state:

Assuming the CPU% add up to 145% and the heavy CPU load is still coming from mysqld and you restarted when the server it is not busy, the heavy idle consumption of mysqld must be the source. Somehow it is at full throttle with the clutch disengaged. If that is the case, the cause is not Moodle, but your system.

Talking of the system, you conveniently avoid my questions on Bitnami. Not that I can answer them, I am just not familiar, but there is a slight chance that there is somebody in the community who knows. But as already said, if MySQL is busy with itself, it is not a Moodle problem. Well, Moodle will have a problem, because it depends on the database.