Is there a way to remove top Book description and View Button?

Is there a way to remove top Book description and View Button?

by Barb Hall -
Number of replies: 3

Is there a way to remove the top Book title and the View button that isn't an active link?  Not sure what purpose the View button is supposed to serve. 

Picture attached below.

Thanks in advance,

Barb

Attachment moodle.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barb Hall

Re: Is there a way to remove top Book description and View Button?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That View button is because you have got Activity completion enabled in your course and the requirement here is to "view" (or basically just click on) the content. So click to edit the activty, scroll down to completion tracking and disable it if that is what you want. Alternatively you can disable it for the whole course from the course Edit settings.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Barb Hall -
Thank you Mary, I've gotten rid of the View Button, but is there a way to remove the Title I've circled in red in the image below?

Attachment moodle.JPG
In reply to Barb Hall

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Barb. I dont know how to remove the title because that is the actual title students will click on to get to the Book. You can hide the pages within it but I don't know how to remove the title. Perhaps someone who knows CSS might have a suggestion?