A mixed ability course: all candidates cover Core (C) topics; some candidates study additional Extended (E) topics.
Tasks (Quizzes) are made available (un-hidden) in e.g. the following order: C1, C2, C3, E1, C4, C5, E2, C6, E3, C7, E4 (etc), and each carries equal weight.
Once visible, all candidates can see all C tasks, but only E candidates can see E tasks (accomplished using the Restrict Access filter); empty grades are NOT excluded.
- the E candidate’s Course Grades are based on all C & E tasks visible at a particular time (which is desired).
- However, once an E task is made visible, it affects (lowers) the Course Grades of C candidate (by adding the E task's max score to the C candidates' expected total).
Desired behavior: at any point during the course, C candidates’ grade should be based on the visible C tasks only.
Is this possible?
- keeping C and E tasks in different grade categories, gcC and gcE,
- using a calculation (if C candidate, use gcC grade, else use weighted gcC + gcE grade) and
- manually updating the relative weights of gcC and gcE after each task is made visible - the last part is what I hope not to have to do.