Problems restoring Grid format between Moodle 3.11.1 and 3.11.2 sites with different Grid format plugins

Problems restoring Grid format between Moodle 3.11.1 and 3.11.2 sites with different Grid format plugins

by Gary Lebowitz -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I am having problems restoring a course that includes the Grid format. The course was developed with a Moodle 3.11.1 site and the Moodle administrator who downloaded the plugin tells me his is version 3.10.1.4 2020111405. The course is being restored on a Moodle 3.11.2 site using the plugin available on Github at:

https://github.com/PukunuiAustralia/moodle-courseformat_grid

When I view the version.php file for this new site I see:

plugin version 2012050300
required moodle version 2010112400

Can you please let me know if there might be a patch or something else I might need to get the restore to work properly on the new Moodle site. Or perhaps I need to kill my /format/grid directory and try with a different version off the Grid plugin obtained from a source different from Github?

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lebowitz

Re: Problems restoring Grid format between Moodle 3.11.1 and 3.11.2 sites with different Grid format plugins

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Gary,

Ok, multiple things:

• This is a course format issue, so moving to that forum.
  • Why are you using that old version, when https://moodle.org/plugins/format_grid states to use my GitHub source control?
  • On production sites you should only install and use the moodle.org published version as the code on GitHub (bar the tagged versions) is subject to change and may have non-functional development code.
  • I've not released a version of the Grid format for M3.11 yet, but you're welcome to see if the M3.10 version works.
  • I cannot say if the course element of the backup will go backwards between M3.11 and M3.10 without issues, however (and when I create the M3.11 version) then the Grid element will work (at the time of typing).

Therefore with a M3.11 test site (NOT PRODUCTION), install https://moodle.org/plugins/format_grid/3.10.1.4/24593 and see if the course restore works.

Gareth
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Problems restoring Grid format between Moodle 3.11.1 and 3.11.2 sites with different Grid format plugins

by Gary Lebowitz -
Hello Gareth,

Many thanks for getting back to me on this issue. Since I'm just beginning to populate my new 3.11.2 site I have no problem uninstalling the non-working version (that I was pointed to in a link to an old forum post) and getting the one you've been kind enough to send me a link to. I'll be sure to let you know if this fixed the problem.

Regards,

Gary
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gary Lebowitz -

Hi Gareth,

Just a word to say that getting the right Grid download from the right place, and not the place I'd got mine from originally, fixed my problem with the Restore of my associate's 1.4 GB course. All is well now. Many thanks.

Regards,

Gary

In reply to Gary Lebowitz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for letting me know Gary.