Can't Restore a Questionnaire

Can't Restore a Questionnaire

by John Rodgers -
Number of replies: 3
I can't seem to restore a course with a questionnaire to our district server.  I can restore it in numerous "localhost" installs.

The restore proceeds partway, producing a course with a questionnaire icon and no name.

Any ideas.  Dod I leave a space in the file name? Something else?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Rodgers

Re: Can't Restore a Questionnaire

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It may be the questionnaire module on your district server is older than the ones on your localhost installs. There were bugs fixed in the restore process.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by John Rodgers -
Thatnks Mike:

I've been trying to synchronize my localhost versions with the district version, but I might be out by a few days.  I beleive the district installation was made around late October, November 2005.

I did notice my questionnaire had several apostrophes as well as quotes in the text.  I'm wondering if thats the problem.

I'm expecting a to be busy with the module in the next couple of weeks.  DO you think the new version is a safe upgrade?

In reply to John Rodgers

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The apostrophes would be what's causing the problem. That's what the bug fix was for.

I've been testing the new version as well as I can. I think its safe, but it is new. If you're worried, you can always copy a working version of the questionnaire from your localhost install to the district server.

mike