Adaptable Theme. Lesson activity

Adaptable Theme. Lesson activity

by alan rockley -
Number of replies: 10

The lesson activity has a nasty blue background behind the text with no color setting apparent to me to change it. Any one found an answer please?

Latest moodle,   theme-adaptable3-3.0.1

moodle 3.11

Average of ratings: -
In reply to alan rockley

Re: Adaptable Theme. Lesson activity

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Alan,

This I think is the alternative 'fork' of the theme, please see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=424592. I hope you'll understand that given my experience and what has transpired over the matter that I don't want to support that version. You could raise an issue with them if you so chose to do so.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by alan rockley -
Hi Gareth is there anyway I can got back to he original version that worked
Alan...
In reply to alan rockley

by Gareth J Barnard -
Theirs or the official version -> https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_adaptable ?

by alan rockley -
The official version please - why oh why don't Moodle plugins site warn you that its a fork?
Thanks Al...
In reply to alan rockley

by Gareth J Barnard -
The official version is currently (as of 4th August 2021), only supported on M3.10 and will break on M3.11. If you had an M3.10 site, then I suspect that export settings would work between the two versions - thus export, uninstall one, install the other, import - but just a theory.

To answer "why oh why don't Moodle plugins site warn you that its a fork?", really for the reasons I've already stated. Also, I hope you can understand that I wouldn't want to advertise a competitor that appears to be causing the very confusion, sigh, I tried so desperately to avoid. This is not a flaming or personal attack, just an explanation in context of the situation. If it is truly understood as such, then I'll edit my words.

by alan rockley -
I am in the process of setting up a new academy LMS and so no data yet on the site, I am planning to use this excellent theme but having used the previous original version on m3.11 and it seemed to work, not sure which part would have broken now you informed me its incompatible, I'm in a quandary as to how to proceed.
Al...
In reply to alan rockley

by Gareth J Barnard -
Dear Alan,

Ok as both versions work on Moodle 3.10, then you could create a test site and install one, have a play, uninstall, then install the other etc. The version on moodle.org that I maintain is incompatible with M3.11 because of some API changes and possibly other issues that I've not come across / been reported yet.

I hope this is fair and helpful.

Gareth
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by alan rockley -
Thank you Gareth, you have gone beyond what I might have expected, I appreciate your help tremendously.
Thank you for sparing me your time and its a pity you will not continue with a really good theme. all the best for the future.
Al...
In reply to alan rockley

by Gareth J Barnard -
Dear Alan,

Thank you. I didn't say that I wasn't continuing with the theme, I'm still maintaining it. There is still lots to do to bring the overall quality up to the standard I would like and remove / sort out some of the strange oddities.

Gareth
Average of ratings: Useful (1)