Rendered Matching question type plug-in for Moodle 1.6

Rendered Matching question type plug-in for Moodle 1.6

par Gustav W Delius,
Nombre de réponses : 14
I have just updated the rendered matching question type to Moodle 1.6. It is now the first third-party questiontype to use the new plugin architecture which means that you will be able to install it without having to modify any of the existing files. I have only just put the new code into cvs:/contrib/qtype_renderedmatch so it will take a night before it is available for download.

Once it is available you just have to extract the zip file into the question/type/ subdirectory of your Moodle installation. This will create a directory question/type/renderedmatch. You then will need to move the language file in question/type/renderedmatch/lang/en_utf8 into lang/en_utf8. Finally visit the Moodle admin page so that Moodle can automatically create the necessary database tables. That's all.
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Gustav W Delius

Re: Rendered Matching question type plug-in for Moodle 1.6

par Julian Ridden,
Having a few issues with this one

When I click on "edit in WYSIWYG" I get the following error:

/mod/question/type/renderedmatch/editsubquestion.php was not found on this server

Obviously it's pointing to an old path. WOuldnt know how to fix myself though. ;)

Many thanks for the great code. sourire
En réponse à Julian Ridden

Re: Rendered Matching question type plug-in for Moodle 1.6

par Gustav W Delius,
Julian, thanks for the bug report (although generally the bug tracker is a better place for bug reports on the development code). I have fixed it in CVS.

The code is not mine by the way, the rendered match question type was adapted from the standard match question type by Jeff Graham. I only adapted it to Moodle 1.6.

Installation instructions for rendered matching question type

par Gustav W Delius,
My installation instructions above were not quite acurate. After you have unzipped the file  into the directory question/type/ you will find that you have a directory question/type/qtype_renderedmatch/ which you still have to rename to question/type/renderedmatch.

Also note that the zip file is created once every 24 hours so the bug fix I just committed to CVS will take some time to be reflected in the download file. CVS is as always the better way to test development code that is likely to change frequently.

Re: Installation instructions for rendered matching question type

par Peter Vitez,
I'm getting a lot of ugliness:

bad

Also, the question cannot be edited once created:
( Table 'moodle.mdl_quiz_renderedmatch' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM mdl_quiz_renderedmatch WHERE question = '5' LIMIT 100)

HELP?? mixed

En réponse à Peter Vitez

par Tim Hunt,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers
That must be a plugin question type that has not been upgraded to work with Moodle 1.6. Whoever wrote the question type will need up upgrade the code.

Basically, in 1.6, question types were moved out of the quiz module, and into a separate question engine. However, to make the code work again, it is likely that you won't have to change much. Just

1. Move (and rename?) the files from the mod/quiz/questiontype/... directory to the question/type/... directory.
2. Rename the lang file.
3. Rename your DB tables from quiz_... to question_..., and also refer to the other DB table by their new names.

Fuller documentation here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Question_engine

There is not yet a wiki page called "How to convert your 1.5 question type plugin to Moodle 1.6". If anyone does convert a question type, then adding that page to the wiki in parallel would be a very helpful thing to do.
En réponse à Tim Hunt

par Peter Vitez,

It's been updated to 1.6 - except they missed the quiz_... to question_... translation. I changed it and that fixed the database error. But I've still got an excess of square brackets around everything.

Ideas anyone?

En réponse à Peter Vitez

par Michael Penney,
somestringname means that your renderedmatch language files are not being read. Perhaps you site has been upgraded to utf8. If so you may need to put the renderedmatch lang files in lang/en_utf8.
En réponse à Peter Vitez

par Jean-Michel Védrine,
Yes, Peter was right : Gustav and I missed a few tables names changes in the editquestion.php file.
So after more than a year this bug is now corrected in CVS rouge !

par Aaron Spike,
After installing the renderedmatch qtype into Moodle 1.6+ and confirming that it is available in the quiz creation interface, I recieve the following message when attempting to import a blackboard 6 quiz pool.

Matching question types are not handled because the quiz question type 'Rendered Matching' does not exist in this installation of Moodle
    Omitted Question: Match each statement with the best answer:

Where should I begin to look to fix this? Should I add a line like:
define("RENDEREDMATCH",         "renderedmatch");
to lib/questionlib.php?

par D.I. von Briesen,
This is frustrating.

I search for threads on this, and all the links to downloadable files or CVS are broken, and even the corrected ones on the module listing are broken too

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=123

I've found the files individually, but no single unzippable file for this question type. Having downloaded and installed them individually, i get an error:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://localhost/question/question.php?category=9&qtype=renderedmatch
Line Number 112, Column 25: url = url + '&course=3';
------------------------^

I've taken everything i could from here: http://moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net/moodle/contrib/plugins/question/type/renderedmatch/?pathrev=MOODLE_18_STABLE#dirlist

But don't know how to make sure i've even got the right files- since getting and xml error makes no sense to me in this context...
I only see code that might look like this in the .html file but the message makes no sense to me..

Anybody? Please?
En réponse à D.I. von Briesen

par Jean-Michel Védrine,
Hello,
Unfortunately some links are broken in the Moules & Plugins section since last CVS reorganisation and unfortunately only the owner of each record can update it ! Jeff Graham is the owner of the Renderedmatch questiontype record.
As you have guessed, path to CVS is now :
http://moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net/moodle/contrib/plugins/question/type/renderedmatch/
But it is a lot easier to get all the files art the same time in a zip file from :
http://download.moodle.org/plugins/question/type/renderedmatch.zip
concerning your problem with this questiontype, assuming all files are in the right place and tables were created correctly visisting the admin section, I can only say that I am not using this questiontype on my production server, but the last time I tried it on a Moodle 1.7 server a couple of months ago it was working.
As my latest corrections to this plugin are 14 months old I think I should check again sourire
Please note also that this qtype would need some changes to work with Moodle 1.8 and some other updates to work with Moodle 1.9. What Moodle version are you using ?

En réponse à Jean-Michel Védrine

par Jean-Michel Védrine,
After some quick tests I can confirm that renderedmatch qtype (with my latest corrections to editquestion.php) seems to work well on my Moodle 1.7+ website.
En réponse à Jean-Michel Védrine

par Jean-Michel Védrine,
Hello,
Just to let you know that I have added backup/restore to renderedmatch questiontype.
Was not very difficult as nearly all code is copied verbatim from match questiontype.
Also this questiontype should now work correctly with item analysis and detailed responses reports.
The only modified file is question/type/renderedmatch/questiontype.php
This should solve MDL-6752 bug.
Of course I have made some tests but will appreciate feedback if some of you can test that their renderedmatch questions are correctly saved and restored.
Next step will be to upgrade this questiontype for moodle 1.8 and 1.9. Will do this during summer.