can't add Enrolment methods

can't add Enrolment methods

by michael michael -
Number of replies: 7

Hi All,

just upgrade to Moodle 3.8 and trying to add more enrolment methods in courses the dropdown menu shows only self-enroll method only noting that i opened all the method i want to use in the Manage enrol plugins as you will see in the attached files.

Please need your advice ASAP, its urgent task.

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to michael michael

Re: can't add Enrolment methods

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

This is normal.

1) Cohorts will not show up on the Add method pull down list unless at least one Cohort actually exists in your system. Please see the documentation.

2) The plugin 'Enrol by user profile fields' has to be configured first before you can add it in courses. You should check on the plugin page for how to configure it.

3) Category enrolments never appear on the Add method pull down menu: you don't add it to a Course, you add it to the Category. Please see the documentation.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Helder Pereira -
Ok, but what about this case I have:

Active enrollments methods 

Enrollment methods

And in the course only this:

Course enrollments

Can you give some help?

Thank you!
In reply to Helder Pereira

by Randy Thornton -
That is also normal.

The Flat file CSV enrolment method can't be added here because it is a "global" enrolment method: if the plugin is enabled in the system, that already makes it available to all courses.

You don't need to add it to specific courses because it is the courseid setting inside the flat file that controls enrolments. If a course is listed in the file, the enrolment will take place.

Other external enrolment methods work the same way: external database, LDAP enrolment, etc. The data in those sources controls whether an enrolment is added to a course. The data is coming from outside Moodle.

If you test the flat file, you will see it works by putting any course in the flat file. No need to do anything to the course itself to have it work.

by Tila Morris -
Randy, when I go to this bit in the instructions:
In the Settings block on your course, under Course administration, click Users > Bulk enrolments [see: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Bulk_enrolments] I don't get the bulk enrolments options. Therefore I don't have a way of uploading the csv file, even although I have enabled it in the plug-ins. Is there another step I need to carry out? Is it related to the fact that my moodle is provided by a hosting service? Any advice is welcome.

enrolment screen print

by Helder Pereira -

That is my problem, I can't get it to work so I was trying to understand why it doesn't work.

I have a simple file, with one enrollment, and I can't get it to work...

I already double checked the id's etc., the file encoding, file permissions to the webserver. I go to the log of the task, runs ok, no errors but no enrollment is made and the file is not deleted has stated in the documentation.

I'll keep trying.

Thanks for your explanation.

by Helder Pereira -

It's working now!

I'm not sure what it was, I changed more than one setting and now I'm not sure what it was.

Changed location and file encoding, something was not ok but now is.

Thanks!

by Randy Thornton -
Ah, those are different things.

The Flat file enrolment method is a core tool: to use it you place your user file on the server outside Moodle and it is processed it from there. There's no manual upload into Moodle with it.

It looks to me like you are actually using either of these additional plugins: Mass enrolments or User bulk enrolments.

Neither of those need to added to the Enrolment method screens because they are not enrolment methods. They are just a quick or bulk way of doing manual enrolments. You will see in the Participants list after you uploaded those users using the file, that each of them is actually enrolled using manual enrolments method.

These two plugins do the same thing as the standard Upload users process but they allow the teachers to do the work in their own course instead of having the Administrator or Manager do it.

Glad it is working for you.