HTML Editor and Dreamweaver

Re: HTML Editor and Dreamweaver

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Don,

You are able to use DW site manager because you are the Admin of your own Moodle site and thus have all the rights to do what you like. How I wish I could manage my Moodle courses through DW site manager (as I used to do with WebCT).

Unfortunately, one must always remember that in a number of situations (expecially with educational institutions), 'simple' teachers have far less rights than Admin.

>... Your Dreamweaver code will be stripped away. This is a good thing for the new or in-experienced user. Pros can disable the wysiwyg editor (admin/editor) and paste DW code as raw html.

The stripping away of DW code (well, some of it, anyway) may be a good thing for new/inexperienced users. It is probably very desirable in places accessible to the students (i.e. forums, etc.). Unfortunately, in current versions of Moodle, there is no provision for pro teachers (which I consider myself to be cool) to do what they want, because far too much of the power resides in the hands of Admin.sad

Joseph