Trouble with restore

Trouble with restore

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
Number of replies: 3

I am having trouble with restoring a backup.  I get the following error message.

·Creating temporary structures
·Deleting old data
·Copying zip file
·Unzipping backup
·Checking backup
·Reading info from backup XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 77

I sent you the backup file in question by private email.  I tried a different backup of the same course using different options.  This second backup file would not restore either -- I got the same error above. So far I have not noticed this with backup/restore of other courses, but I have not tested it extensively.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

Re: Trouble with restore

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Zig,

as I said you in my private email response (I read your email before know about this post), it seems that you have some strange characters in the subject of your course. I've removed them and I have been able to restore the course without problems at all.

I've sent privately my working copy of the backup file. Anyway, I recommend you to fix that in your original course, backup it again and then....

all should work smoothly. smile

Happy New Year and ciao, smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -

Thanks, Eloy.

Indeed removing the binary garbage from the course description fixed everything.

Happy New Year to the whole Moodle Community.

In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Maria Tsiakmaki -
Hello.

I have the same error message when i try to upload a new scorm, that works fine in other moodle system:
"XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1"

I tryied to open the file from Reload Editor, but where i get another error message:
"This is eigher an unsupported version or the document's namespace is incorrect. Sorry, cannot open it."

Any ideas??

thanks in advance..