SCORM Video Content broken in latest versions of chrome and edge

SCORM Video Content broken in latest versions of chrome and edge

by Robert Jackson -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All, 

I've come across a very frustrating problem that I was wondering if anyone else has experienced? 

I have a SCORM package that I uploaded to moodle cloud around a month ago. It was made in articulate 360 and exported as SCORM 1.2. It consists of a series of slides each containing several videos. 

In the last week, my users have had difficulties with the videos not playing. They appear to be frozen. This was intermittent at first but now happens with all videos in chrome and edge. It seems to be working ok in firefox

When I inspect the elements user web developer tools it seems that they are in fact images when I open the SCORM package in chrome or edge. When I open and inspect in firefox, they are videos. 

Since this problem starts recently, I am wondering if it is a feature of the new updated browsers (which were updated around July 20th I believe). Indeed, when I tested these on an old machine running a very old version of chrome, it seemed to work ok at that point too. 

If anyone has any idea how to investigate this further and potentially fix it I would greatly appreciate your help! 

Thanks in advance! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Jackson

Re: SCORM Video Content broken in latest versions of chrome and edge

by Jorge Agüero Lobo -

Tengo el mismo problema, ya envíe mensajes a Adobe y Google Chrome:

Hola, podrían ayudarme, recientemente, SUPONGO que por la última actualización de google Chrome dejó de funcionar los paquetes Scorm realizados con Adobe Presenter 11 basados en html5, se queda en almacenando en Buffer, dichos paquetes los uso en la plataforma Moodle, muchos de mis usuarios reportan el mismo problema, en otros exploradores como Firefox, Opera o Safari si funciona sin problema ¿qué podemos hacer? hay algún correo de soporte técnico en Latinoamérica, tengo Licencia original de Adobe Presenter 11. Gracias, quedo a la espera de su respuesta.

Y ya hay otro reportes con el mismo problema

Problema con paquetes Scorm y Google Chrome

Attachment 2021-07-30_15h54_54.jpg