kprim in cloze type

kprim in cloze type

by Martin A -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

we use cases in our tests with more than one question to a case and want to shuffle questions in the tests but keep the case questions together, so we need to combine some MC and kprim questions in one question. MC works good in cloze also with the cloze editor (https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_cloze). For kprim questions we use the plugin from ETH: https://moodle.org/plugins/qtype_kprime.

I tried the checkbox (which is cool), but does not really meet the requirement (design and grading): the question must look similiar the kprime from ETH at the end with radio buttons because we have them also in test:

Any ideas how to get the kprim into cloze?

(Moodle 3.9)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin A

Re: kprim in cloze type

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Martin A -
Many thanks Domnique, this really looks good great!

At the moment i'm struggling with the scoring with 4 answers: everything right = 2 points, one false = 1 point, more false = 0 points
By doing it manually, I could rate a 4 point question in a test only 2 points, but I need some automatism, to only get 2 points out of a kprim question by default.
I still test some configurations, but perhaps You have a solution?
In reply to Martin A

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We're still talking about a Cloze sub-question that simulates a Kprime question, right? In this case, it is trivial to simulate the "Subpoints" scoring option since, in the Cloze question, subpoints are assigned to each correct answer. The "Kprime" and "Kprime 0/1" scoring options would be more difficult to simulate.

With the simulated subpoints scroring option, if you have four choices, the question will count for a minimum of four points since in the Cloze question, each question counts for a minimum of 1 point. An incorrect answer will give 3 points, two incorrect answers will give 2 points, three incorrect answers will give 1 point and 4 incorrect answers will give 0 points.

I have prepared a second example with the scoring scheme you want. You can try it here ↗ (scroll down to the second example). This example just demonstrates that a JavaScript workaround is tedious, if not impractical, and should probably not be considered. Note that in addition to having to adjust the grade in the info block, the grade must also be adjusted in the grade book. Also, if there are other questions in the quiz, adjusting the grades in the gradebook becomes practically impossible.

So you would have to consider a more solid solution, i.e. modifying the PHP code of the cloze question, which I don't want to venture into and which I think you shouldn't venture into either, unless your scoring scheme is absolutely necessary.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Dominique Bauer -
Hang on, I just thought of something that might work. More to come tomorrow...

by Martin A -
Yes, I understand. I'm not eager to modify php code, as I'm not able. I will use Your solution now for a special manual modified test. I think about a scoring by 2 for the other MC items and 1 for the kprime-like - and half for the whole cloze question in the test.
More to that, it is really amazing what You can do with moodle. And I'm happy to found the other solutions on Your magic page! Thanks a lot!
In reply to Martin A

by Dominique Bauer -

ForumQuiz_20210727_1139.png

In the end, it's a bit complicated but at the same time it's very easy.

https://moodleformulas.org/course/view.php?id=89&section=21 ↗

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Martin A -

Hi Dominique,

this is excellent! Works as it should. I like complicated and easy at the same time wink Many thanks for this! I'm very happy!