Branded app

Branded app

by James Asante -
Number of replies: 10

I would like to discuss acquiring a branded app for an institution with a reputable Moodle partner.

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to remove email address- original submission Sunday, 25 July 2021, 4:05 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Asante

Re: Branded app

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello James. Feel free to get in touch via the contact form on https://moodle.com/branded-app/
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bilton -
I've been trying to get hold of Moodle.com regarding their branded app, but their contacts forms simply do not work. It's been the case for months and there is no other way I can find to contact them. Do you by any chance have any info on this that might help get through to them? Otherwise, I'll have to go directly to another developer, it's just a shame, I thought they were the offical provider / partner of moodle.org for the app. Any ideas? Thanks Mary.
In reply to Steve Bilton

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Steve. By posting here you will alert the Moodle Apps team who will, I'm sure, respond here shortly. However, regarding your problems with the contact form - what is happening when you try to complete https://moodle.com/branded-app/ ? Does it show any error message? Does it actually send? Or is it that you are not getting a reply, implying the form has not been received?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bilton -
Wow! I just tried again with fake test data and the form submitted. I wanted to demo / show the issue with an image.

Previously, it gave a generic error, like 'something went wrong'.

It's just that I tried months ago, same issue, tried weeks later - same. Tried recently in the the past week and I also requested others to try it today with the same result. I was wondering what was going on, as I used multiple browsers, devices, even other users from my company have tried. Yet, it was never successful and there's no other contact tel, etc. Finally it now works. I thought there was a major issue and that was concerning.

I'll re-try now populating with accurate info for myself. It seems a simple nudge on moodle.org forums has somehow made a difference big grin
It's either that or the form doesn't like my domain perhaps???

I'll reply shortly to confirm, either way.

Thanks Mary!

--- 1st mid post update ---
Used my details and got this error "There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later."

Trying other field data (but I've tried this before)
--- 2nd mid post update ---

Changed my tel to remove country code, doesn't work still. I expect it's that field.

-- 3rd update ---

Removed tel field entirely, same error. I'm going to enter as many variations as possible this time.

-- 4th update --

Tried many field data in tel, cannot work out what's wrong - very frustrating!

-- 5th update --

Just tried a personal gmail email address instead of my company email and got this error "Please enter a valid business email"

-- 6th update --

Tried a number of alternative email addresses I have, I don't think it likes my domain name "sheilds.org", tried "sheilds.com" also - same issue. I don't know what else to try.

-- 7th update --

I have tried lots of things, It's just not working and I have no idea why.
Can some one please help me contact them - they can use my email in moodle profile. It's most likely my domain. Driven slightly insane by my attempts.
In reply to Steve Bilton

by Mary Cooch -
Hello again. I checked with the developer who looks after the forms - he has made a couple of small changes, so if it doesn't work for you, please try one (last!) time if it's not too much trouble. The suspicion is an overzealous spam filter. If it doesnt work, don't worry because the Moodle App team are very active in this forum and shoujld be with you soon.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bilton -
Hi Mary, thanks for getting back to me.

I've noticed the form is now slightly different (there's now a comment area and the selections for Job seems different).

Still it doesn't work, I've tried a few browser and incognito mode. What else can I possibly do? For my end, I'm out of options to contact them, there's not even a telephone I could call on their site.

Thanks again.
In reply to Steve Bilton

by Mary Cooch -
I have been in touch with the team and your email has got through so hopefully you will hear from them soon
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bilton -
Thank's Mary, I'd really appreciate that.
In reply to Steve Bilton

by Mary Cooch -
Ok so your ticket has been manually submitted - stay with us! Don't go anywhere else smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bilton -
Excellent! I'll try not too 🤣

Thanks for your help today - they gotta owe you some commission for this one haha