Display a directory

Display a directory

by Tan Teck Hock -
Number of replies: 4

I am think of using the above option for sharing photos with my colleagues. I upload the photos using ftp. However when I create a resource to the directory, it only display the filename. Is there anyway to display the filename plus a thumbnail of the photo?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tan Teck Hock

Re: Display a directory

by Dan Stowell -
No, not using that method.

In the past I've used Moodle's "Glossary" tool as a kind of image database - you can create one entry for each picture, with the picture as an attachment to the glossary entry. This allows you to have keywords, auto-linking, comments, and other helpful things.

Forthcoming for Moodle 1.6 is the "Database" tool which will allow you to do this kind of thing. There's also a third-party add-in which someone created (sorry, forgot exactly who) called "Image Database" which you might like to consider using. Oh, and something called Gallery as well!

by Just H -
Hi Tan

As Dan mentioned, the latest module out of Humboldt is the gallery module (as per the link in Dan's post). Once a couple of kinks are ironed out this will integrate Gallery2 with Moodle, arguably the best gallery software out there.

May be over and above what you require but well worth a look.

Regards
H

by Andy Hawkins -

There is a slideshow (discussion) module that uploads jpg files and displays them - simpler than Gallery and not to be confused with 'simple presentation' which apparently also has a version called slideshow.

[Not sure if this is the same as the Image Database that Dan mentioned.]

Andy

In reply to Andy Hawkins

by J B -
No, it isn't the same as the database, and is extremely simple. It was written to do pretty much what Tan Teck Hock wanted:

> to display the filename plus a thumbnail of the photo?

The filenames are displayed by default, although they can be replaced by captions, also images over a certain (configurable) size are resized and resaved. You will need to login as guest to see a demo here. Please upload the latest version from here:

zip.gif slideshow.zip