adding Graphics

adding Graphics

by Daphne Singingtree -
Number of replies: 2
I am new to moodle and just figuring out lessons. I want to have a label the diagram lesson, is that possible? I want to upload a jpg and have a multiple choice way to label the parts? This is for anatomy. Is  a way to do this with lesson, or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Daphne Singingtree, beginning moodler

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daphne Singingtree

Re: adding Graphics

by Mark Nielsen -
Hi Daphne,

You sure can do this in Lesson and here's how:

Create a Lesson with a Multiple choice question.  In the contents of the question, add an image.  This is easiest with the HTML editor which works in FireFox and newest version of Internet Explorer on Windows.  In the HTML editor, there is an "Insert Image" button (hint: it is close to the smiley face: smile).  Use that to insert your image.  Then fill out the possible answers.  Use the Lesson help files to learn more about that.

You could also use a Matching question to match labels from the diagram with anatomy terms.

Cheers, good luck and have fun,
Mark

Another hint: If you need more answers for Multi choice or Matching, then increase the Lesson setting called Maximum number of answers/branches.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daphne Singingtree

Re: adding Graphics

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Just to add to what Mark says.

You can also use a branch table. Each description button takes the student to a different area of the lesson. For example, insert a labled graphic of a body. Buttons below say Foot, Knee, Guts, Bald Head, etc.

Depends upon the look you want.  You might also want to check out the arrangement of branch buttons. I generally uncheck the Arrange Branch buttons horizontally in slideshow mode?"  which places them up and down.  Can you tell I am wordy?

Chris