Query

Query

by Mona Shivaji Rao Chavan -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,  I'm Mona, I have a doubt regarding Moodle Database. I need to transfer Moodle database to local server MySQL database automatically, without import/export operations and also not .CSV file format. The operating system in Windows. I tried all the possibilities and couldn't able to figure out. Any suggestions are appreciated.  
Thanking you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mona Shivaji Rao Chavan

Re: Query

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you mean the Moodle database (as opposed to the database activity)?

You're going to have to give us more information. What is your set up now? Why do you want to move? What is going wrong?
In reply to Howard Miller

Ri: Re: Query

by Mona Shivaji Rao Chavan -
Generally, i want to have a 2 way communication (sync) between the moodle and local Mysql database. So that, if some thing changes in either of the databases it has to update automatically. I want to know how it can be done?
thank you.
In reply to Mona Shivaji Rao Chavan

Re: Ri: Re: Query

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Your question seems to have much more to do about synching two MySQL databases, and less to do with Moodle.

Have you tried putting "how to sync two mysql databases" into a Google search? When I try this, I get lots of "hits." However, I have never tried synching two databases myself.

Realize that even if you can do this, it would be only for database purposes, and not two Moodle installations. You would also need to synchronize the moodledata folder if you wanted a second mirror of you Moodle LMS.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)