Journal that works with Competencies

Journal that works with Competencies

by Szymon Fokt -
Number of replies: 1

I am looking for a journal option that would fit the following criteria:

1. I can set up individual reflection topics for each week (pre-fill entry titles for the students?)
  2. Those topics are set up  in a way that allows me to automatically track if they are completed or not, same with any activities within a section. There is no need for grading, only mark them complete when students write X words. Even 'Students can manually mark' will do.
  3. Completing those activities can be used as a basis for awarding Competencies
  4. All entries are visible in a single journal (i.e. it's not just a series of separate assignments), so I can see the student progress and quickly navigate between them.
  5. Students cannot see each other's entries
  6. I can see all entries.

I know there is a great selection of tools out there, but so far I can't find one that ticks all the boxes, and particularly (2) and (4). It's either: you can track it, or you get it all in one place - but not both. 

Do you know a tool that would work? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Szymon Fokt

Re: Journal that works with Competencies

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry that this is just a couple of days shy of being a year late in response, but the Diary can do all of this although I might need to do a little work on the completion code. I will check on that within the next few days.